Remember that you wear your watch next to your skin, just like a piece of clothing. To ensure your watch performs at the level for which it is designed, keep it clean by frequently wiping with a soft cloth to keep your watch and band free of dirt, sweat, water and other foreign matter.
- Whenever your watch is exposed to sea water or mud, rinse it off with clean fresh water.
- For a metal band or a resin band with metal parts, use a soft toothbrush or similar tool to scrub the band with a weak solution of water to remove all remaining detergent and then wipe dry with a soft absorbent cloth. When washing the band, wrap the watch case with kitchen plastic wrap so it does not come into contact with detergent or soap.
- For a resin band, wash with water and then wipe dry with a soft cloth. Note that sometimes a smudge like pattern may appear on the surface of a resin band. This will not have any effect on your skin or clothing. Wipe with a cloth to remove the smudge pattern.
- Clean water and sweat from a leather band by wiping with a soft cloth.
- Not operating a watch crown, buttons, or rotary bezel, and press buttons to maintain proper operation.